Schemes of Animal Husbandry
The Andaman and Nicobar Administration implemented schemes to benefit the islanders. Most Schemes are centrally sponspored and the schemes are implemented at different geographical locations i.e the island through the various departments of Andaman and Nicobar Administration.
|Sl. No||Scheme Name||Description||Valid upto|
|1||Cattle Development Programme Schemes||1. Under this scheme the main objective of the department is to upgrade the entire local cattle through Artificial Insemination by using frozen semen technology.
2. Strengthening of cold chain facility.
3. Training of Part time Volunteers and engaging them for artificial insemination and castration by providing incentives.
4. Provide insurance coverage for animals yielding 08 liters and above milk/day.
5. Infertility control programme.
6. Provide concentrate feed to BPL farmers for rearing female calf on 50% subsidy.
|2||Supply of Fishing Inputs and Spare Parts of Engines at 50 per cent subsidy||Supply of fishing inputs and spare parts of engines at 50 per cent subsidy.||31-Jul-15|